Telaid, a provider of technology deployment solutions to multi-site companies for 40 years, seeks a Project Manager who is looking for an opportunity to join a team for a growing, privately held Company. If you are a technical professional who possesses project management experience and takes pride in providing superior customer service to our clients, business partners, vendors, and fellow team members, then Telaid has a great opportunity to share with you. The purpose of this role is to deliver technology deployment projects which meet or exceed Telaid’s goals. This role is responsible for project set up, project execution, financial management, people development and relationship management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project Set Up – Ensures that proper tools are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of project strategy and employs this throughout the project set-up.
- Ensures that there is a schedule in place during project set up that reflects that project strategy and is sufficient to complete project within customers’ expectations
- Develops, documents, and distributes general conditions in the early phases of project plan based on the project strategy.
- Engages multiple Telaid teams including Onboarding, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Service Delivery, Support Services, and Sales to ensure expectations are clear, roles and responsibilities are set, and project scope is defined.
- Functions as single point of contact to customer for one or many projects. May have specialization by project type (rollout / construction) or technology (security / wireless).
- Participates in Project Kickoff Meetings to understand project scope of work and specific duties and responsibilities for all assigned projects
Project Execution – Leads job and team to deliver projects via Telaid’s Proven Process.
- Executes each project phase including Kick-Off, execution, monitoring, and closing.
- Collaborates with onboarding, service delivery, and project support teams in the up-front set up of projects to ensure profitability, client satisfaction and the best field resources for the job.
- Works in partnership with the Project Team to:
- Maintain an updated and accurate schedule.
- Identify and focus on critical issues, e.g. budget management, and logistics.
- Fills in gaps, in all areas, as needed to ensure that project control and execution requirements are met.
Financial Management – Achieves budget control and profit goals for each project.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all Telaid’s financial processes.
- Uses financial reporting data to quickly identify potential and existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance and immediately addresses these issues.
- Aggressively and proactively manages financials and creates an atmosphere where clients and direct reports understand the importance of timely payments to vendors and invoices to the customer.
- Drives change order process to ensure project profitability.
People Development – Accelerates and development of assigned Project Coordinators and Project Administrators
- Serves as a coach and mentor to Project Coordinators and Project Administrators.
- Establishes quarterly performance goals for each direct report.
- Conducts timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations for direct reports, no less that every 90 days.
- Collaboratively creates individual development plans with direct reports that integrate the business needs of Telaid, the career objectives of the staff member, and the staff member’s strengths and weaknesses. Provides ongoing support and feedback as plan is implemented.
- Inspires and mentors the team to deliver superior customer service and profitably.
- Actively participates in group and companywide training and initiatives to promote the value to others of involvement and furthering the company goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other related duties as assigned.
Competency #1: Communicates Effectively
- Is straight forward and respectful with all roles and levels
- Seeks to understand others’ point of view
- Knows when and how to ask for help
- Receives and delivers difficult messages well
Competency #2: Establishes Strong Customer Relationships
- Treats internal and external customers, vendors, and technicians as partners
- Identifies customer needs and addresses them
- Identifies and acts on ways to add value
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to expand the relationship
Competency #3: Anticipates Problems and Mitigates Risk
- Thinks ahead, identifies possible problems and develops plans to mitigate them
- Is rarely surprised
- Uses resources effectively to resolve problems
- Takes full responsibility when issues arise
Competency #4: Focuses on Results and Outcomes
- Begins with the end in mind – acts strategically to accomplish desired result
- Keeps up with Telaid’s fast pace and multiple demands and produces on time, quality results
- Knows when follow through is needed and ensures it happens
- Does not let the details drop
Competency #5: Freely Shares Knowledge and Expertise
- Continually builds own knowledge and expertise
- Is open to new ways of doing things
- Offers to coach/assist others with less experience
- When problems arise, shares expertise to help resolve the issue
Competency #6: Acts in the Best Interest of Telaid
- Makes decisions and acts with Telaid’s long term interest in mind
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on Telaid’s changing needs
- Manages with profitability in mind
Competency #7: Demonstrates a Commitment to Safety
- Is well versed in Telaid’s safety program procedures and policies
- Consistently follows/enforces Telaid’s safety procedures and policies
- Makes tough decisions to ensure that safety remains on the front and center
Competency #8: Develops People and Builds Teams
- Communicates clear expectations for team members
- Provides timely, clear, and specific feedback to team and individuals in a constructive manner
- Provides challenging assignments to team members
- Holds the team and individual members accountable for meeting expectations
- Does not blame or shame others; uses failure as a learning opportunity
- May supervise Project Coordinators or Project Administrators. Assigns and monitors the work of Project Coordinators and Project Administrators.
- Provides formal, documented constructive feedback
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal business office environment
- New office facility located in Norcross with multiple monitors, standing desks and other office support.