What's the Spero Difference?
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off in the First Year
- Work/Life Balance
- 4% Company Match 401K
- $25,000 Employer Paid Life Insurance
Job Purpose: The Continuum of Care Counselor will work collaboratively with the Residential Treatment Team to develop a discharge and aftercare plan for all assigned youth. This position will be a member of the Treatment Team while the youth is in the residential program and will continue to provide case management and coordination of services for 6-months post-discharge. Aftercare coordination will include consistent communication with the youth/family and maintaining contact with assigned aftercare providers to ensure appropriate implementation of the aftercare plan. In addition to aftercare, this position will assist with Residential admission process.
- Be an active member of Treatment Team and attend meetings and staffings for assigned youth
- Work with the Treatment Team to develop and execute discharge/aftercare plans
- Make initial contact with youth/families within 2 weeks of discharge and at least once per month for 6 months
- Facilitate face-to-face meetings and or home visits with the youth/family as needed
- Address questions, concerns or resources needed for youth and or family
- Maintain regular communication with the placing agents, service providers, schools, etc. to ensure appropriate implementation of the aftercare plan
- Complete case notes for all visits, treatment meetings/staffings, court hearings, phone contacts etc.
- Maintain updated contact information for all assigned youth, families and placing agents
- Review the Aftercare Agreement with the youth and family
- Ensure appropriate consents are signed to allow communication with external intities
- Complete post discharge surveys for outcomes tracking
- Assist Child Welfare Clinical Director with intake referrals processing
- Meet with assigned youth to complete admission process
- Ensure appropriate consents are signed and placed in youth’s files
- Other duties as assigned
Program Population: Our youth have a complexity of mental health issues/disorders. The intensity of these mental health issues warrants placement in a highly structured, supervised and safe therapeutic environment. The focus of the program is to provide crisis stabilization/management, behavioral management, and clinical treatment in effort to reduce the mental health disturbance and assist the youth in returning to a less restrictive setting. Due to the severity of youth’s mental health issues in their program the use of physical restraints and/or seclusion are necessary at time.
Salary: commensurate with experience, $14 - $16/hr