Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Education, Biblical Studies, Social Services, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with disadvantaged populations is required, specifically in chronic homelessness, substance addiction, criminal history, inconsistent or negative work history, and/or long-term dependency on public assistance programs.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age.
- Experience in the following areas: adult education, volunteer management, partnership creation, training and development, recruitment, employment, and education preparation is strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment. Requires frequent use of computers, keyboarding, and talking on the telephone. Occasionally will stand, balance, twist, bend, stoop, kneel and reach with hands/arms. Regularly lifts up to 20 pounds and walks using stairways to climb to multiple floors within the facility. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.