General Statement of Duties
Performs work in the overall care of all the animals within the shelter.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Performs semi-skilled maintenance work in the Animal Shelter as well as technical and administrative duties including reporting and monitoring animal control activities; provide customer service to Shelter visitors; perform animal impounds and dispositions; and provide customer service via phone and email. Work is performed under close supervision of the Shelter Supervisor and Animal Management Director, and is evaluated by observation, review of records, and through consultation with supervisory personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential Duties and Tasks
- Sanitizes animal cages, equipment and facility.
- Receives the public and other agencies and organizations.
- Documentation and filing of records.
- Handling, restraining, treating, feeding, vaccinating and caring for sick, injured, wild, feral, vicious owned and stray animals.
- Ensures security of animals, equipment, supplies and animal facility.
- Euthanasia of animals.
- Assist in managing social media applications.
- Transportation of animals, supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.