- Four-year degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field preferred. (Demonstrated experience in these disciplines may count towards degree requirements). ACE Health Coach Certification or NHE Certification preferred.
- Prior work experience in rescue mission context and addiction recovery highly preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in the health/fitness or recreation industry preferred.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- CPR/AED Certified.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach. Occasionally will stand, balance, twist, stoop, kneel and reach with hands/arms. Regularly lifts up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to lead running, hiking and recreation events and training, including running 10+ miles and carrying a 40 lb. pack on a 2,000-foot elevation hike in approximately 2 hours.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate Urgency
- Strategic Effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and Scrappy