PitStop Fuels is hiring seasonal and full-time drivers to join our team! If hired for this role, you qualify for a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
The Refined Fuel Bobtail Driver is responsible for loading, transporting and delivering refined fuels to our residential and commercial customers using a bobtail truck (3,000-5,000 gallon capacity). Our Refined Fuel Bobtail Drivers are committed to Service, Efficiency and Safety. This position requires a Class A or B CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements.
This position will support our Pit Stop Fuels location in Gorham, ME.
- Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
- Maintains and completes accurate records by documenting truck inspections, hours of service, product transported, and miles driven
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relations by meeting or exceeding customer requirements to contribute to a positive public relations image
- Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines
- Plans and accomplishes a complete range of operational assignments and tasks that are varied and moderately complex to complex related to gauge tank volumes and testing product quality and specifications of bulk petroleum products
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations and company policies and procedures by operating all vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the ongoing transport of petroleum products
- Maintains the operational efficiency of vehicles by monitoring truck maintenance needs, conducting minor repairs and conducting daily DOT truck inspections to ensure maximum vehicle safety
- Must have the ability to perform pre- and post-trip inspections on equipment used for the transportation of hazardous materials
- Follows and meets time and delivery requirements by adhering to the pick-up and delivery schedule to contribute to operational effectiveness
- Performs such other duties as may be required
The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.