Are numbers your thing? If so, we are looking for you!
Independent Living, Inc., a progressive and dynamic cross-disability services organization and a leader in the provision of peer services in the Hudson Valley region is seeking to hire a Fiscal Grant Administrator in Newburgh. The Fiscal Grant Administrator will be responsible for the organizations financial reporting on a monthly/quarterly basis for various grants and contracts. Responsible for assembling and maintaining all financial and budgeting information along with compliance with contracts and other funding requirements. In addition, assisting the Staff Accountant in month end processing and backup Bookkeeper with accounts payables when necessary. Must be detail oriented, have knowledge of accounting principles. Proficiency in MS Excel and Word applications a must and experience with QuickBooks a plus. AS in Accounting required, BA preferred. Prior accounting, billing and collections experience preferred.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for compliance with contracts and other funding requirements.
- Assemble and maintain all financial and budgeting information related to contracts and other funding sources.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly financial reporting to various funding sources.
- Manage timely collection of requests for reimbursement for funding sources.
- Record entries in accounting system for proper and accurate tracking of revenue and expenses for assigned programs.
- Review and record receivables/deferred revenue on a monthly basis.
- Assist Staff Accountant in month end closing process.
- Assist Bookkeeper with Accounts Payable and back up position when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Chief Financial Officer, or required by the needs of the position.
- Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards, language and behaviors reflecting such values and the Independent Living philosophy.
- Must be detail oriented.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency with MS Excel and Word applications. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid time off