Anchored in the Catholic tradition and the spirit of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Marymount California University’s small, diverse community and interactive learning approach make it a great career launch pad. Professors know their students and their potential, and they push students to pursue the experiences that will make them successful. Connected professors, interactive classes and off-campus experiences bring learning to life here. Students gain professional skills they can put to work now through internships in the field, access to industry experts, behind-the-scenes site visits and other career-driving experiences. We help students stay on track, graduate in four years and launch their careers with: Associate’s degrees; Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Biology, Business, Criminal Justice, Digital Communication Media, Management, Psychology and Multi-Disciplinary Studies: and a Master of Business Administration (MBA). At Marymount, our caring faculty and staff are the catalyst for the remarkable transformation taking place in our students. We are currently accepting applications for an
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Under the general direction of the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for increasing the University’s visibility in order to attract, nurture and enroll a diverse and qualified student population that fits the university mission, will succeed personally and academically, and will be retained through graduation. The candidate will identify, contact and maintain relationships with prospective students, high school counselors, and community college transfer counselors. This position serves as an integral part of the admissions team. The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for meeting goals and deadlines with the highest professional standards.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS
Essential Job Functions
- Actively recruit new students to Marymount California University, promoting and representing the mission, vision and values of the university at all times.
- Coordinate and implement recruitment strategies to attract new students within an assigned geographic territory
- Identify, contact and maintain relationships with prospective students throughout the inquiry, application, admitted, and enrollment phases.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of MCU’s academic programs and requirements. Advise prospective students in determining academic program fit.
- Develop rapport and working relationship with high school counselors, independent educational consultants, and admission officers at other colleges and universities.
- Conduct personal interviews and consultations with prospective students, both in-person and virtually.
- Host campus tours, presentations, and virtual events.
While being designated primarily as an inside or outside representative, the assistant director of admissions will be cross-trained and may be expected to perform all the duties below, as needed.
Primarily outside position:
- Proactively manage recruitment territory; identifying and developing new recruitment, community engagement and partnership opportunities.
- Extensive travel, including evenings and weekends, to actively recruit new students. Travel includes attending college fairs, career fairs, visits to high schools and community colleges, recruitment tours, receptions, etc.
- Responsible for comprehensive planning, scheduling and management of outreach calendar and territory.
- Communicating with prospective applicants about the admissions requirements and application deadlines for programs, helping to ensure students understand what and when they need to submit items, in order to be considered for admission.
- Organize calendar to ensure optimization of time and departmental resources when traveling to events and meetings
- Input gathered inquiries from events into CRM in a timely fashion to ensure leads are promptly followed up with. Compile and enter admissions data in SLATE CRM. Issue reports upon request.
- Assist with contacting students in the Admissions funnel.
Primarily inside position:
- Proactively manage the designated prospective and applicant pipeline in support of enrollment targets. The position requires a high degree of accountability for the conversion of inbound inquiries.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for students through the application process.
- Successfully articulate the value of the educational offerings in addition to conducting a substantive needs assessment for prospective students.
- Support and create urgency in applicants to complete applications in a timely manner.
- Review and evaluate credentials of applicants to determine admissibility. Make admission decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships with students and their supporters, ensuring a streamlined and positive application and onboarding experience through all stages of the application and enrollment process.
- Assist transfer students with transfer credit evaluation process and liaise with academic advisors.
- Compile and enter admissions data in SLATE CRM. Issue reports upon request.
To apply, submit the following items to Karen Thordarson, Director of Human Resources through our PayCom link:
• Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
MARYMOUNT CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCU has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for faculty, staff and students. The policies includes a process to request medical or religious accommodation.