ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Overhauls and repairs maintenance vehicles, mowing equipment and other power equipment such as riding and walk mowers, utility vehicles, fleet vehicles, tractors, skid steers, weedeaters, push mowers, sod cutters, blowers, chainsaws, and specialized cultivation and aerification equipment.
- Lubricates and services all equipment to ensure optimum performance and reliability.
- Understands and troubleshoots all hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and internal combustion engine components of equipment
- Inspects equipment for operating deficiencies and makes routine adjustments where necessary including engines, transmissions, and setting and sharpening of cutting units on equipment.
- Inspect, change and repair tires
- May assist in fabricating, welding, body repair and painting both internally or externally throughout all departments
- Maintain accurate records and logs of all work performed on equipment along with scheduling or maintenance
- Assists in training the maintenance staff in the proper care and upkeep of the golf course equipment which include proper operation, fluids, tires, and lubrication checks
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance and maintains clean work environment.
- Assists in controlling tool access and use by maintenance staff as well as cleanliness.
- May assist in golf course mowing after maintenance of equipment is complete
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- As need arises or as instructed, must be willing to work with other departments or individuals.
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Assist in snow removal as needed which include plowing, skid steer operation, hand shoveling of sidewalks, and application of ice melt.
- As need arises or as instructed must be willing to work with other departments or individuals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – No supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Innovation, fabrication, and creativity are essential to continued efficiency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience
Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisors and fellow employees.
Must be able to calculate amounts and apply basic addition, subtraction and multiplication.
Must be able to analyze data to make appropriate judgments regarding duties, troubleshooting, and correct repair and maintenance
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associates must be able to lift/push/pull 50 pounds. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching, and standing. Frequently requires reaching, grabbing, pulling, twisting, and grasping. Sometimes requires working in damp, wet or inclement conditions.
May be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends. Also, depending on business demands, hours may be reduced at any time.
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal
- small engine mechanic: 1 year (Preferred not required)
- Golf Maintenance Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred not required)
- valid drivers license (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Slate Canyon Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.