Are you 16 or older?
Are you a good swimmer and like being outdoors?
Do you want a job that is fun and rewarding?
IF SO, Then the YMCA is for you!
You should work for the Y because you receive:
- FREE Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- FREE Training and Certifications
- FREE Virtual Health Care Solutions (Teledoc)
- Program Discounts
- Paid Sick Time
- 403(b) Smart Savings Account
- YMCA Retirement Fund
- Opportunities for growth
- Community Impact
- Flexible Schedule
What you would do:
We are looking to recruit Lifeguards and Swim Instructors to ensure the safety of members at our YMCA Swimming pools. The Lifeguard will explain safety rules to our members, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce the rules of the pool when needed! You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms and restrooms. Top candidates are excellent communicators, swift and safety-minded.
Lifeguards and Swim Instructors can be Part Time or Full Time. Work shifts include Saturday and Sunday. Locations include Fullerton, Santa Ana, Mission Viejo, Newport Mesa, Pomona, Maple Hill and Camp Elk (Wrightwood).
5:00am to 10:00am
6:30am to 1:00pm
7:30am to 3:00pm
1:00pm to 6:00pm
3:00pm to 8:30pm
Some pool locations close at 10pm
What you need to apply:
- 16 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training. First Aid, AED and CPR certification. YMCA FREE Certifications!
- 6+ months related experience.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.