Cardinal Engineering, LLC, is seeking an Engineering Intern (EI) for our Norman, OK office. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer assisting the design team in designing a wide variety of civil engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have obtained certification as an Engineering Intern (EI). The successful candidate should be self-motivated and have excellent organizational and communication skills. Expertise in AutoCAD is required and expertise in Civil 3D is desired.
• Perform design analysis for roadways per the design criteria for ODOT, Counties, and various municipalities & tribal governments
• Analyze and set vertical & horizontal roadway alignments
• Prepare Roadway design sheets, including P&P Sheets, Cross-Sections, Pay Items, etc.
• Prepare Site Plans for private development that comply with various zoning requirements
• Developing grading plans and models including earthwork balances & drainage analysis
• Prepare drainage calculations & drainage reports
• Prepare engineering plans, specifications, studies, etc.
• Quantify and summarize pay items used for construction plans.
• Develop probable construction cost estimates.
• Assist in the Bidding and Construction Administration phases of projects
• Utilize software (Civil 3D, Excel, etc.) to maximize efficiency.
• The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.