FUNCTION: Provide individual counseling, group counseling, and support services for the Wellness Center.
• Provide short-term individual therapeutic counseling for traditional students, non- traditional students, and graduate students, as directed by the Director of Counseling and Wellness.
• Lead/co-lead counseling groups, workshops, and virtual consultations as assigned.
• Manage caseload assigned by supervisor and complete necessary case management or therapy interventions in a timely manner.
• Complete documentation in a timely manner as indicated in our Wellness Center Procedures.
• Adheres to all current federal & state laws, including the safeguarding of confidential healthcare information and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Reports immediately any suspected incidents of child abuse or neglect to the Child Abuse Hotline.
• Responsible for networking with collaterals on behalf of active clients, including referral and linkage, discharge planning with in-patient psychiatric facilities, and the advocacy of a client’s rights within the education, legal, state and mental health systems.
• Participate in psychoeducation events, dorm sessions, workshops, class discussions and trainings as directed.
• Attend all staff trainings and participate in committees as assigned.
SUPERVISION AND TRAINING
• Attend clinical supervision and scheduled staff meetings/team meetings
• Responsible for completion of: Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Impression, Notes, other clinical paperwork necessary or appropriate for maintaining case files.
• Verify with billing company student’s insurance benefits.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION/PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Provide outreach speaking and presentations as needed.
• Engage in outreach opportunities and partnerships.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• This role may supervise counseling interns.
• This position may require occasional travel