The Email Marketing Specialist works collaboratively across APA and APA Foundation teams to implement APAs email marketing and marketing automation strategy. S/he works with other integrated marketing team members and with subject matter experts to coordinate, design, build, test, deliver and measure accessible email campaigns and digital content through APAs email marketing and web content management systems.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing within the Membership & Marketing Division. The Email Marketing Specialist is a graduate with a degree in a relevant subject or an individual with relevant work experience in email design and/or HTML coding. S/he will be able to:
- Explain content and design decisions
- Work collaboratively
- Work independently after being given direction
- Independently identify user issues and needs
- Support content team administration, ticketing, and publishing processes
- Engage with and contribute to APAs overall digital strategy to engage members and the public
Partner with subject matter experts within the organization to understand their marketing and content requirements and translate their needs into well-designed emails and digital content for APA and APA Foundation.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing to design, build, test, proof, and revise accessible and responsively designed HTML emails in Marketing Cloud.
- Write effective and efficient copy for digital platforms.
- Manage quality assurance for all email communications.
- Collaborate with reporting specialists to create and segment contact lists.
- Write and/or generate reports & lists and administer APAs email preference center with APAs Salesforce platform.
- Ensure outgoing communications are CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and CASL compliant and built with accessibility and responsive design best practices.
- Manage the email marketing calendar on Trello or similar work management system.
- Perform A/B testing of campaigns to improve engagement and ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing managers to track and analyze email campaign performance. Develop analytics reports and make recommendations to improve email performance.
- Collaborate with team members to make recommendations for improving subject lines and content based on data from A/B testing and audience engagement.
- Build and iterate automated campaigns, implementing and documenting processes, benchmarks and metrics.
Collaboration, Project Management, Work Planning and Metrics.
- Manage requests, communications, development time estimates and design workflow.
- Communicate with internal clients to establish and stay abreast of requirements and timelines.
- Advise subject matter experts on best practices for writing for email and the web; edit copy to align with best practices for web content and APA brand and style guidelines.
- Partner with Lead Designer to develop graphic and video assets in support of content and advertising requirements.
- Assist with development of written materials for email campaigns, blogs, and social posts.
- Support advertising placements on social media platforms, coordinating with Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing to execute campaigns and ensure billing is properly attributed.
- Use Google Analytics to create reports, record tracking codes and advise internal clients on opportunities and growth areas for marketing content on psychiatry.org and other APA/APAF sites.
- Participate in other marketing duties as assigned.
Support content development and deployment in APAs web content management system.
- Coordinate with Deputy Director, Digital Communications to build, preview, and deploy content, pages and site sections in APAs web content management system as needed.
- Assist in transition to APAs new content management platform (Kentico).