The Director of Integrated Marketing develops strategies and drives execution for promotion of APA products, programs, events, and initiatives. This role will manage APA marketing operations and serve as the project manager of APA-wide campaigns and initiatives. The Director must be able to think strategically, model collaboration, and be accountable for ensuring deliverables are achieved and timelines are met.
This position regularly engages with stakeholders across APA and APA Foundation to lead cross-functional teams to achieve promotional objectives. S/he coordinates initiatives and resource within the Integrated Marketing team, which includes design, web development and email functions with cross-functional partners and outside vendors.
The position is accountable for evaluating and developing marketing strategies, materials, and systems; developing and managing production of sponsored APA products; providing marketing direction; monitoring the use of APA's brand; supporting internal clients; and directing and editing writing & video projects targeted to APA audiences. The position is also accountable for annual planning, project planning, team professional development, performance management, budgeting, metrics & reporting, and creating a culture of collaboration, continual process improvement and learning among the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for APAs products, programs, events, and initiatives.
- Identify and set marketing objectives and key results; manage team efforts to meet objectives.
- Direct a team of two marketers and coordinate efforts among the wider marketing & communications team to execute APAs marketing strategy.
- Create strategic and tactical plans for the department and supporting campaigns.
- Work with internal teams and subject matter experts to develop strategy, messaging and creative; manage outside agencies, as necessary, to develop marketing materials.
- Implement integrated marketing campaigns through email, social, direct mail, paid search, and digital channels. Monitor and analyze performance, modifying as needed to optimize campaigns.
- Lead marketing efforts for APAs events, including the flagship Annual Meeting. Manage all aspects of Marketings involvement in meetings, including development of sponsored products.
- Responsible for the management of APAs marketing systems and development of marketing data and tools within APAs Salesforce ecosystem and marketing platforms; supervises use of APAs email platforms and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations; steward email channels to prevent opt-outs and promote engagement.
- Manage departments marketing operations on Trello or similar work management system to promote transparent work and communication.
- Develop APAs marketing automation capabilities and approach to testing scenarios and continual learning.
- Work with the Lead Designer, Visual Communications Specialist and Membership & Marketing Officer to manage and enforce ABAs branding guidelines (internal and external).
Coordination, Collaboration and Planning
- Implement comprehensive marketing and communications plans in support of APAs vision, mission and strategic priorities.
- Liaise with other departments and divisions to understand their goals, objectives, budgets and timelines and allocate resources according to marketing and APA objectives.
- Partner with the Membership Department to achieve recruitment, retention, and engagement goals.
- Collaborate with other Membership & Marketing Division and Communications Division team members to deliver marketing content and coordinate APA promotions.
- Monitor message content for consistency, accuracy, and relevancy.
- Set, allocate and monitor budget for marketing projects.
- Identify opportunities for cross promotion/collaboration among APAs divisions and departments.
Metrics, Data and Learning Culture
- Use data to inform content personalization, product development and decision-making; increase member engagement; and grow nonmember revenue.
- Develop key performance indicators, metrics, dashboards, and reports to track and demonstrate success against objectives and key results and optimize APAs use of resources.
- Advise and inform the Membership & Marketing Officer of key findings and make recommendations for program improvements and cross promotional opportunities.
- Create leadership, mentorship, and development opportunities for Integrated Marketing team.
- Build organizational capabilities necessary to support learning and continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by business need.