- Manage and provide support for retail staff.
- Delegate and assign duties to staff.
- Create staff schedule and oversee hours and time off requests.
- Help to maintain retail displays.
- Manage shop inventory and request restock of low inventory weekly.
- Manage customer requests and ensure special orders are carried out successfully.
- Help oversee nursery- aid in plant and pottery selection.
- Manage shop upkeep and maintenance.
- Order supplies for the shop.
- Make bank deposits, maintain cash drawer.
Essential Skills to Perform Job:
- A nice smile and cheery disposition
- Strong people skills
- Customer service
- Ability to manage and inspire staff
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized, yet flexible.
- Ability to wear many hats and multitask.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Familiarity with market and customer base.
- Some merchandising and visual expertise
- Comfortable working in a retail environment.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Bending or twisting the body.
- Keeping or regaining balance.
- Making repetitive motions.
- Walking and/or running.
- Kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Pushing or pulling objects.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Move/lift objects: indicate estimate of maximum up to 40 pounds.
- Load, unload, or stack, containers, materials, or products.
- Using hands to control, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Environmental Elements of the job:
- Work indoors, environmentally controlled.
Tools, equipment, and technology utilized for job:
- Desktop computers.
- Electronic email software.
- Microsoft Excel and/or Word.
- Other Microsoft office products (OneNote).
- Retail software.
- Credit card readers.
- Payroll system.