Who We Are
Telaid, a provider of technology deployment solutions to multi-site companies for 40 years, seeks a detail-oriented Quality Control Lead Technician who is looking for an opportunity help grow and manage a Quality Control program. This program aims to improve the customer experience by improving first visit resolution and deliverable collection.
Our Core Values are
- Be Proactive
- Be a Team Player
- Take Ownership
- Do the Right Thing
Who You Are
You’re an experienced quality control technician with in-depth experience with Telaid’s clients, as well as knowledge of industry standards and the multiple types of industry products and certifications. You’re eager to help support a QC program that will rely increasingly on relationships with business partners, to provide a consistent, outstanding customer experience. This includes the ability to cross train technicians and business partners in specific client or product knowledge. A willingness to travel is essential to this role.
Location – Tennessee
Must be willing to travel to support Telaid’s business. Road Warrior. Travel may include working on long term projects over multiple weeks at a time. (US only)
Why This Role Matters
The organization is growing and needs to find scalability, while differentiating itself from its competitors. From a last mile standpoint, this means being able to deliver a project on-time, on budget, with minimal setbacks. The Quality Control Lead Technician will be instrumental in making sure quality is guaranteed, and training is consistent as we rely on more and more business partners.
Who Your Customers Are
This role serves many customers. The internal team (PMO, Shared Services) relies on updated information from technicians, so that they can relay schedule attainment to the client. The Resource Center will leverage the QC Lead Technicians experience to vet business partners. Ultimately, the QC Lead Technician, along with other departments, are working together to service external clients.
- Participate in team meetings and QDCs
- Fill in timesheets daily.
- Keep certifications up-to-date.
- Maintain company vehicle and other equipment
- Conduct field quality control inspections audits to ensure customer specifications are achieved on product or system installations
- Perform QC on multiple clients’ this is a key requirement
- Train subcontractors and Telaid technicians on theory and practices for reliable quality installations
- Perform installation and service work on customer site, based on Ramp schedule
- Provide regular updates (email responses, Ramp information) to PMO, Resource Center and Service Center in a timely manner
- Act as point of escalation for clients; resolve issues where possible, otherwise escalate to FSS and PM, as
- Provide complete structured cabling system installations in a variety of retail, financial and office building environments.
- Terminate and test Category 5e and 6 copper cables to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Terminate and test Multi-mode fiber to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Install equipment racks, cabinets, and cable support systems, including J-hooks, Arlington straps and ladder tray systems
- Able to participate in project installation and service/MAC activities during nights and weekends
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and testing
- DVRs - March Networks, Verint and Dedicated Micros
- Bosch, Panasonic, Axis, and Wren Solutions cameras
- Structured cabling systems for voice and data networks (Category 5e, 6 and fiber)
- Camera and DVR systems, including IP Cameras
- Basic installation and configuration of switches, routers, phones and phone systems, and other network devices