The Sales Manager will lead the prospecting efforts for clients in the Contract Manufacturing business, specifically for Dry Food/Powders (non-Emergency Food) and Beverage. They will also effectively manage and assist the onboarding of new and existing client projects with an effective turnover and collaboration with Account Management team. While Business Development will be the primary function, he/she will work cross-functionally with various departments to ensure we gain customer contracts, including agreement to pricing and terms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Development, including networking in industry (major focus on Nutrition and Beverage) with thorough market research on trends and opportunities
- Manage new and existing customer relationships
- Create quotes for new and existing customers in collaboration with Account Management
- Maintain margin goals for sales accounts through involvement in quote pricing for customers
- Set up new accounts, new items, price change forms, vendor packets, etc.
- Approach new customer onboarding in highly organized, detailed way
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products
- Interact with existing and potential customers on the phone and email in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Build and sustain positive customer relationships
- Investigate customer-related complaints and work to resolve them as quickly as possible
- Ensure samples are requested and delivered in a timely manner
- Collaborate with multiple departments to propose and implement solutions to customer challenges
- Provide accurate reports and customer follow up
- Keep full customer and project details in CRM system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some travel (15-25%) will be required to meet with customers, trade shows etc.