CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position: Web Content Specialist
(Position Description - full-time, hourly, non-exempt administrative and at-will)
Campus – Main Campus, Oklahoma City
Scope of Position:
The Web Content Specialist is responsible for maintaining and/or acquiring content for all organizational websites, email newsletters, and other online communications such as multimedia sites, social media, and apps.
The Web Content Specialist will report to the Director of Communications Operations. Subject matter will be provided by departments and the Communications Department. This position interfaces regularly with most departments/ministries and campuses throughout Crossings Community Church, as well as Crossings Community Clinic, Crossings Community Center, various vendors, Crossings partners, and volunteers to accomplish the goals and mission of Crossings’ and the Communications Ministry.
- Maintain the appearance and content of Crossings website to keep it current, as well as enforce design and content standards
- Day-to-day operational responsibility for publishing content, maintaining continuity, designing layout, and streamlining navigation.
- Work closely with the Communications and IT staff to ensure the website design & content meet the aims and objectives of the organization
- Verify content accuracy prior to presentation to stakeholders and again before final uploading to live sites or other interactive properties.
- Ensure all navigational links on live websites, newsletters, and social media sites are functional and link to their correct destination.
- Design, create & manage all web forms using various platforms specific to purpose. Watch analytics & run reports for registrations.
- Acquire and update multimedia content for all websites and apps and work with stakeholders to ensure content is published on time, including digital discipleship deliverables such as video/audio sermons, Bible studies, teachings, worship music, etc.
- Work with ministries and Communications team to test new content before moving to production.
- Help manage all work requests within a tracking system.
- Respond to user inquiries, comments, and suggestions.
- Help collect, enter, and track web traffic utilizing analytics software.
- Participate in analyzing member behavior patterns, website traffic, conversion rates, church cycles and other performance indicators to gain member insight and, in turn, help build a long-term strategy.
- Participate in weekly Communication Dept. meeting
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Represent Crossings in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved or requested
- Complete any other tasks as may be needed to fulfill this position or as may be assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of the Communications Department
Expectations of Position:
- Primarily responsible for content modifications, additions, deletions, and implementing approved digital enhancements within a web-based content management system.
- Continually monitor the website in a proactive manner to ensure that information is accurate, content is current, and pages are free of errors.
- Detail-oriented and able to work under fast-paced, short deadlines.
- Schedule the creation/acquisition of content in accordance with Communication’s procedures.
- Edit copy received from additional content contributors.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Must be “tech savvy.”
- Possess excellent English writing skills, including good spelling and grammar.
Skills Required for Position:
- Has a minimum one (1) year experience as a web content coordinator in a fast-paced agency or in-house creative setting with content maintenance responsibilities.
- Has a minimum of one (1) year experience working with a web content management system such as Wordpress.
- Familiar with .net and C# programming.
- Possess extensive knowledge of software (e.g. Windows, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite) as well as demonstrate experience with social networking websites.
- Have excellent skills in editing various types of web content ranging from general text content to specialized digital content.
- Manages time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
- Has knowledge and/or experience with HTML, CSS, web analytics, and content management systems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the following matters: the web as a communication medium, content delivery, web publishing, and knowledge of best practices.
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration/organization, encouragement, and service/helps.
Education & Experience:
Hold a four-year degree in English, journalism, communications, web design or related field, or equivalent combination of experience plus education.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.