This position is responsible for setting and leading the content strategy and overseeing the content creation efforts for a group of clients. The strategic communications director will lead and direct a team of writers and content creators to fulfill significant monthly content needs across print, social and digital media channels.
This position is responsible for understanding the clients’ business objectives and maintaining a keen understanding of target audiences, channels and the buyer’s journey. This position requires experience in creating, implementing and managing content marketing strategies across multiple channels. This position has a deep understanding of goal-oriented, branded content-style publishing and is a strong and versatile writer/editor committed to understanding audiences and how content serves each company’s organizational goals.
This role has team management responsibilities. This is a client-facing role requiring daily-to-weekly client interactions by phone and email and an average of one face-to-face meeting with the client each month.
This role oversees the customer story lead process and the content gathering needs required to fulfill the client’s monthly content needs. This includes identifying customers, vetting and interviewing, scheduling on site photo/video shoots and dictating the story angle and various uses of the content.
- Exercise management over strategic communication team members; be at least partially accountable for their performance.
- Partner with supervisor on approach to measurement and reporting across account(s). Work with agency insights team to execute measurement and reporting activities. Provide insights and recommendations based on findings.
- Partner with supervisor and account director on the development of yearly strategic plans. Oversee, with assistance from supervisor, its implementation and ongoing execution.
- Create content marketing strategies based on the client’s unique business model, company budget and desired outcomes that include all relevant print, social and digital channels.
- Analyze competitors in the industry to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace.
- Identify target audiences that are the intended recipients of the company’s content materials; learn their preferences, expectations and ultimate needs to deliver the content they will be most interested in.
- Identify key messages to effectively communicate each company’s brand, message and voice.
- Create editorial calendars based on workforce capabilities and company expectations.
- Analyze content marketing tools intended to drive traffic, generate leads, convert them and retain customers.
- Follow content marketing and design trends to implement innovative practices.
- Analyze and forecast content behavior in the social environment.
- Create written content for print and digital resources based on the content marketing strategies.
- Coordinate other content writers or designers to help deliver quality marketing materials.
- Provide useful feedback on accomplished content pieces delivered by other writers.
- Develop basic SEO understanding and work with SEO specialists and others tasked with these responsibilities.
- Ensure well-organized content structure to improve readability and visual attractiveness.
- Edit and proofread content, especially in its initial stages, to ensure it is on strategy and on brand.
- Ensure the content marketing plan is followed.
- Monitor content marketing results and make changes to the content marketing plan as a result of metrics.
- Work with supervisor to ensure agency-client relationship remains on strategic footing. Ensure a consultative approach.
- Foster industry and strategic partner relationships on the clients’ behalf
- Lead special projects as-needed
- Serve as subject matter expert for content strategy and content marketing
- Keep client apprised of industry-relevant news with updates as they occur