As the leading psychiatric organization in the world, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has more than 37,000 members involved in psychiatric practice, research, and academia representing the diversity of the patients for whom they care. APA members work together to ensure humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental illness, including substance use disorders. It is the voice and conscience of modern psychiatry, and its vision is a society that has available, accessible quality psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. APAs Visual Content Specialist is responsible for leading the creation of visual content needed to support the external communications efforts of both the association and the APA Foundation. The focus of this role is to expand organizational visual content to support and or lead program messaging in an increasingly digital world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide recommendations for types of visual assets (video, graphics, etc.) to support messaging that will maximize stakeholder interaction.
- Create direct to camera and animated videos to support organizational campaigns and initiatives.
- Create graphics, including infographics, to support organizational campaigns and initiatives.
- Shepherd the process of visual content creation, including how assets are created (photo/video shoot vs. animation), where assets are created, and who executes production (partner vs. in-house).
- Track and coordinate all project deliverables and manage visual asset workflow.
- Oversee and optimize the storage and tagging of digital assets.
- Adhere to organizational brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with the Lead Designer/Senior Graphic Designer on implementation of guidelines and concepting & development of brand templates and assets.