At the PSU Foundation, we believe in the power of higher education to transform lives. We are a mission-driven organization focused on advancing Portland State University through relationships, community connections and philanthropy. As part of our team, you’ll join a group of passionate, committed and engaged individuals working to empower students, faculty and the communities we serve. Join us.
The PSU Foundation is currently searching for a creative, thoughtful and detail-oriented Research and Prospect Management Coordinator to join our team of highly talented individuals who work together to advance the mission of higher education. The Research and Prospect Management Coordinator is responsible for a variety of research and prospect management activities in support of the fundraising efforts of Portland State University. The person in this role performs research, data entry, audits and updates the constituent relationship management database (CRM), improving integrity of data related to research and prospect management. This position reports to the Director of Research and Prospect Management.
- Conducts a variety of research on current and prospective donors.
- Locates and evaluates information from internal and external sources.
- Reviews and validates wealth screening data.
- Data entry related to research and prospect management, including portfolios, plans, opportunities, contact reports, constituent information and research deliverables.
- Audits and updates missing or out of date donor and prospect information in the CRM (Blackbaud CRM).
- Other research and prospect management duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a research-based discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit fundraising organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and the Google suite of products.
- Detail-oriented and efficient, with demonstrated ability to accurately manage complex data entry projects.
- Problem solving skills with ability to strategize and prioritize to meet goals and deadlines.
- Knowledge of research techniques, including ability to locate and interpret information from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to compose and edit a variety of written materials.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with a constituent relationship management database (CRM).
- Experience in or knowledge of fundraising research and prospect management.
Characteristics and Cultural Competencies:
- Results-oriented professional who can set, pursue, and achieve goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and duties, while paying careful attention to details and meeting deadlines.
- Enjoy grasping complex subjects and synthesizing them into compelling messages.
- Service-oriented and able to build productive professional relationships.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of donor and financial records and information.
- Self-directed with high standards for personal and team performance.
- Affinity for the mission of higher education.
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
Other Essential Information:
- Department: Development, Central
- Workdays/Hours: Full-time
- Benefits Eligible. For a full list of our awesome offered benefits, please visit: https://www.psuf.org/careers
- Compensation: $41,581 to $54,056 (depending on experience)
PSU Foundation an EEO employer. To learn more about the foundation, our strategic direction and our financial impacts, please visit: https://www.psuf.org/about-psu-foundation Ready to apply? We are looking forward to hearing from you! Please visit: www.psuf.org/careers to apply.