We have openings at the Jewish Community Center for Camp Counselors in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program. This seasonal position is available at our Creve Coeur location. Camp runs Monday-Friday from May 26th to August 14th. J Day Camps include the following activities for the campers: swimming, arts and crafts, sports, drama, music, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, and nature. Counselors are expected to participate in and at times lead camper activities.
The J Day Camps provide a safe and nurturing camp environment allowing campers to explore new activities, make lasting friendships, laugh (we have fun!) and learn to swim. Our camp counselors work together with Camp Directors, our Aquatics staff, and Camp Specialists to both participate with and lead the campers through activities encouraging the campers to fully experience their camp day. Camp activities include swimming, arts and crafts, sports, drama, music, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, and nature.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Engage with campers at all times, plan and lead activities as needed, and guide groups and individual campers to participate successfully in all camp programs
- Ensure campers are participating and behaving while in specialty areas
- Assist specialist with teaching and managing activity as needed
- Swim with campers daily. Assist swim instructors with lessons as needed and engage with campers in the pool during free swim
- Care for the physical and emotional well being of campers
- Provide quality customer service
- Smile and be kind
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques (we will review appropriate techniques during staff orientation)
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.