We have openings at the Jewish Community Center of St. Louis for Inclusion Counselors in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program (both locations). This position is located at our Chesterfield facility. Camp runs from May 26th- August 7th, 2020 with mandatory orientation May 26th- 31st.
Our caring and enthusiastic Inclusion Counselors provide one on one support to children and youth with developmental disabilities as they participate in regular camp programming and participate along with campers in a variety of activities including: swimming, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, drama, sports, music, Israeli culture, cooking, rock climbing, archery, field trips, and nature.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Engage with campers at all times
- Support camper as they participate in group or individual activities, helping them to be successful in all camp programs
- Write and maintain progress notes pertaining to each camper’s goals
- Make accommodations to activities, as needed, to allow the campers to fully participate
- Facilitate transitions or sensory breaks as needed
- Assist campers with personal care needs as needed
- Appropriately manage crisis situations related to behavior or health as needed
- Work cooperatively with counselors and specialist leading the program
- Care for the physical and emotional well being of campers at all times
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.