Sona Dermatology is looking to add a motivated Market Director to our team in Charlotte, NC!
Are you the one? If you care about people, seek performance-professional fulfillment (achievements, fit, financial), and want to make the world a better place, we would love for you to join us in our pursuit of excellence on our journey to save lives, build relationships for life, and make a difference in the world, one person at a time.
For 20+ years, Sona Dermatology, the innovator, and leader in clinical-1st integrated clinical-cosmetic skincare for life, has been transforming our “center-of-our-universe” clients’/patients’ lives with a personalized continuity of essential clinical care and world-class cosmetic care to ensure results for life (health, wellness, happiness). In addition to Sona’s elite, board-certified Dermatologists who specialize in holistic, integrated skincare (including Mohs surgery), Sona’s industry-leader recognition includes Allergan Black Diamond, Top 1% Anti-Aging/Vitality Injectables, Top 10 Botox, and #1 Coolsculpting (body contouring, fat reduction/weight loss).
At Sona Dermatology, we are a beautifully, dynamically, powerfully diverse community of individuals who value inclusion and aspire to give all of us/each of us (collectively and respectively) the opportunity to achieve our full potential, unencumbered by bias and discrimination resulting from age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic position, or political ideology. We choose love over hate, we choose unity over exclusion, we choose assumption of positive intent over accusation, we choose problem-solving over indifference, and we choose defining the future over being defined by the past. In these demanding times, we are lucky to have each other and strive to make a difference, be a positive force for good, offer love and support to those in need, and make the world a better place.
Market Director is a mission-critical leadership role. For your respective market, you and your team are responsible for operational and commercial excellence with emphasis on 1. quantity and quality of market development-operations & growth, 2. quality of experience/service, and 3. overall center-level performance, productivity, and value creation across the entire market (existing and new centers).
With extraordinary opportunity and great expectations-accountability, the Market Director enjoys commensurate performance-based compensation (base, benefits, bonus) and requisite latitude to collaborate, innovate, and drive/execute results.
In addition to servant leadership and top talent EQ/IQ, the GM operates in a highly dynamic environment where it is vital to 1. be a subject matter expert in all Sona Dermatology processes (executing and solving for success towards KPI targets) and 2. actively communicate/partner daily with the VPs, Directors, peer GMs, and Center-Level Teams.
Role / Duties & Responsibilities
Market Director has many responsibilities and serves in one of the most important and complex roles at Sona Dermatology. The Market Director is responsible for leadership and management of the operations and commercial functions (care/outcomes, market development, service, P&L/OPEX/Revenue value creation) and includes:
- #1 Patient Continuum of Care for Life -VIP Experience/Service/Value Proposition (clinical, cosmetic, retail)
- Accountability for Sona Clinical-Cosmetic Business & Operating Model (up to $20MM P&L)
- Active-Engaged Leadership & Management to Drive Daily Operational & Commercial Excellence
- Strategic Plan/Tactical Performance (care/outcomes, market BD-sales, service, P&L/value creation)
- Operations Blueprint/10x Growth Blueprint/Playbook for Centers (goals-objectives, checklists, reporting)
- Operations-Service/Commercial-Growth Organization (hiring, training, development, retention (culture))
- Asset-Inventory-Process Management and ROI Optimization (policies, procedures)
- Business Development (growth initiatives, MVP referrals, strategic partnerships)
- Collaboration (VPs, Directors, GMs, Center Teams, and Corporate)
- Communication Catalyst (available, direct, empathetic, listen, mentor, transparent)
- Data-Driven Analytics/Insights & Technology-Enabled/Accelerated COE Workflows
- Corporate Administration (e.g., Sona Leadership, HR-Paycom etc.)
Market Director reports to VP, Growth and partners with VPs, peer Directors and Center Teams, and Corporate. The ideal Market Director will oversee Sona Dermatology’s growth and operations and is a leader with strong interpersonal skills, professional and personal integrity, and an effective leadership style aligned with Sona Dermatology’s organizational guiding principles:
- Excellent in Pursuit of Extraordinary
- Sona-TDC P1! Servant Leadership
- Integrated-Shared Vision
- Ecosystems, Not Hierarchies
- Culture of Accountability/Urgency
- Breakthrough Comfort Zone DNA
- High Engagement-Participation
- Innovation-Learning Culture
Definition of Success
- Build-Lead Market Growth and Operations Team/10x Commercial & Operational Excellence
- Drive Operations & Growth to Achieve/Exceed Operating Plan (2H20, 2021)
- Deliver Results to Accelerate Growth and Maximize Value Creation
Capabilities Experience / Expertise / Education
- 5-10+ Years GM-Commercial/Operational/P&L Leadership Experience (BD, growth, sales, marketing)
- 5-7+ Years Healthcare (clinical-dermatology or cosmetic; bonus consumer/retail)
- 1-5+ Years Growth and Innovation in Healthcare, Health & Wellness, and/or Retail
- Professional Certifications (e.g., healthcare, operations, OSHA, health & safety, etc.)
- Track Record of Breakthrough Results (safety, care/outcomes, service, revenue/sales, value creation)
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (active/decisive, problem-solver, growth/innovation ventures)
- Exposure to Operations Excellence Tools (Agile, Design-Thinking, Kaizen, Lean/Six Sigma)
- Expertise in Growth Strategy including Leveraging Data and Analytics/BI Resources
- Commercial Excellence Toolkit (BD, CRM, Organic Initiatives, Referrals-Clinical/WOM)
- Fit with Sona Dermatology Mission, Team, Values (desire/passion to make a difference)
- All-In, Digital-First, Vital Few Success Factors, Creative Problem-Solver, Self-Starter, High Confidence-Low Ego, Servant Leader, Tolerant Collaborator, Executive Presence, Strong EQ-IQ, High Ethical Standards-Professional/Personal Integrity
- Bachelor's Degree and Continuing Relevant Industry/Professional Training
- Available for Moderate Travel (up to 25%)