The Physical Security Engineer, Intrusion – Access Control position is a critical role at Telaid supporting all facets of the company as we continue to evolve our offerings as a full-service technology lifecycle solutions provider.
Purpose and Scope:
The Physical Security Engineer, Intrusion – Access Control will provide subject matter expert support in Pre- and Post-Sales within the Physical Security space. This team member will create and build detailed design documents utilized for construction of commercial building spaces.
- Design detailed specification documents for Intrusion and Access Control.
- Document system communication paths, configure and monitoring devices, and maintain connectivity diagram.
- Develop and implement full scale security design concepts, which comply with building codes
- Communicate effectively with CAD technicians, Engineering team and PMO
- Engage with sales rep during opportunity qualification phase to define security, alarm, and access control functional requirements and scope of work.
- Research, develop, recommend appropriate system hardware and software solution to meet customer requirements and budget.
- Work with Engineering and Estimating department to engineer and develop accurate costing models for solutions.
- Assist with writing Proposal/Statement of Work for submission to customer. Provide input and guidance about standard deliverables content, cost and level of effort
- Work with Sales, Engineering and PMO to provide alternative or revised solutions as requested by customer during negotiation phase
- Be available to installation team and PMO to answer technical questions and provide support as needed during installation phase
- Provide feedback to client on system functionality
- Make site visits in a QA/QC role to provide feedback to PMO on status and quality of installation. Ensure that industry standards are being adhered to. Escalate to Project Manager if timeline or other performance metrics are not being met.