We have openings at the Jewish Community Center of St. Louis for two Pre & Post Care Coordinators in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program (one at each location). This position is located at our Creve Coeur facility. Pre & Post Care runs Monday-Friday from May 26th- August 14th, 2020. Pre- Care runs from 7:00am to 9:00am and Post- Care runs from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
Position leads staff and creates and facilitates activities for our campers who attend our Pre and Post Care Camp offering.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Supervise, train, and assist in evaluation of Pre and Post Care staff.
- Work with Camp Director to ensure that Pre and Post Care provides a safe and fun environment for children and staff.
- Create work schedule for Pre and Post Care staff.
- Plan activity schedules for campers in Pre and Post Care.
- Coordinate swim time with Aquatics Director.
- Assist in procedures for camp operations including ordering of supplies, record keeping, parent pick up and drop off, swimming, snack and camper assessments.
- Communicate with parents in an appropriate and customer oriented manner.
- Provide quality customer service at all times.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving.
- Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Enforce and teach appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day camp rules and regulations.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.