We have openings at the Jewish Community Center of St. Louis for Day Camp Specialists in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program. These seasonal positions are available at both of our locations, Creve Coeur and Chesterfield. Camp runs from May 26th- August 14th, 2020 which includes mandatory staff orientation. J Day Camps include the following activities for the campers: swimming, arts and crafts, sports, drama, music, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, and nature.
We are looking for Specialists in the following areas: sports, arts and crafts, team building, nature and science, communications, Israeli culture, music/song leader (part time), archery, rock climbing, and cooking.
Specialists share knowledge and lead camp activities in the following areas: sports, arts and crafts, team building, nature and science, communications, Israeli Culture, rock climbing, archery, song leading, and cooking.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Engage with campers at all times, plan and lead activities in specialty area based on age of campers (K-6th grade). Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all camp programs.
- Create lesson plans for all activities and review with camp director during staff training.
- Orient all campers and staff on proper use of equipment and behavior when in specialty area.
- Care for the physical and emotional well being of campers.
- Keep records on all participants to help them progress from beginner to advanced levels.
- Assist Director with all camp programming.
- Care for and check equipment regularly and alert the Director of any repairs needed.
- Keep supply storage area clean at all times
- Submit orders for equipment and or supplies to the Director, planning ahead to ensure timely arrival.
- Provide quality customer service at all times.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.