We have openings at the Jewish Community Center for Gymnastics Camp Director in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program. This seasonal position is available at our Creve Coeur location. Camp runs May 26th- August 14th, 2020 including mandatory orientation.
Position creates camp curriculum and activities to teach campers the basics of gymnastics in a safe and fun manner. Skills include floor routines, balance beam, uneven bars, and vault for all levels. In addition to gymnastics, all gymnastics campers participate in swim lessons and free swim which the gymnastics camp staff helps with.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Work with Camp Director to create camp curriculum, activities and projects for all weeks of Gymnastics camp as well as plan, implement and supervise camp schedule, assist with special events and field trips, staff orientation, and help to define camp goals throughout the summer.
- Supervise, train, and assist in the evaluation of Gymnastics camp counselors
- Set up, demonstrate, provide instruction and lead skill stations of designated gymnastics skills
- Prepare and run a parents’ night to demonstrate the skills campers have learned
- Assist in procedures for camp operations including ordering of supplies, record keeping, carpool, swimming, lunch and camper assessments
- Maintain regular parent communications
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Help each participant meet camp goals established for camper development
- Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Enforce and teach appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.