The Jewish Community Center’s Day Camps have openings for two Inclusion Site Liaisons to join our summer seasonal team (one at each location). This position is located at our Chesterfield location. Camp runs from May 26th- August 7th, 2020. Our caring and enthusiastic Inclusion staff provides one on one support to children and youth with developmental disabilities as they participate in regular camp programming and participate along with campers in a variety of activities including: swimming, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, drama, sports, music, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, and nature.
Inclusion Site Liaisons are located at each of the JCC’s locations during Camp. The Site Liaisons assist counselors assigned to campers with developmental disabilities to have the most inclusive camp experience possible.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Assist counselors in appropriately managing crisis situations related to behavior or health as needed
- Assist Day Camp Directors in locating counselor/camper pairings during morning drop off
- Assist Day Camp Directors in brain storming creative and innovative ways to include campers with developmental and physical disabilities into traditional camp activities.
- Attend all Monday morning meetings with staff
- Fill in for counselors who may call in sick or have emergencies
- Complete necessary paperwork for funders
- Collect progress notes from counselors each Friday
- Assist counselors with staying with their camp groups as much as possible
- Support children and youth as they participate in group or individual activities
- Make accommodations to activities as needed to allow the child or youth to fully participate
- Be available for the entire duration of camp and have reliable transportation
- Follow all JCC rules, regulations, and standards
- Attend training and meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor