Join our Molecular team at our new state of the art lab in Tukwilla - opening Spring 2020!
Summary: Under the supervision of the Molecular Pathology Supervisor, the Flow Molecular Technologist performs with proficiency and understanding the tests and procedures assigned to the Molecular Flow department. The position is responsible for accurate reporting of results, quality control, training newer employees, equipment maintenance and all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform immunophenotyping assays, verifies appropriate test panels and chooses additional testing with proficiency and understanding of Flow Cytometry principles
- Analyze and accurately report Flow testing on all sample types
- Maintenance of departmental instrumentation including maintenance and documentation. Ensure that equipment defects and malfunctions are reported and repaired.
- Prepare cocktail antibodies, reagent stock and working solutions
- Verify that results show QC and valid data.
- Participate in weekly supply ordering and inventory control
- Perform all other related duties as needed and deemed by supervisor, technical directors and lead technologist
The Flow Technologist is also responsible for adhering to HIPAA standards and strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. Environmental hazards such as chemicals, sharps, lasers, potentially infectious samples, etc. are present in the workplace.
Shifts: First, second or third shift depending on needs of department, weekend on-call rotation