We have an opening at the Jewish Community Center for Maccabi Sports Camp Director in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program. This seasonal position is available at our Chesterfield location. Camp runs Monday-Friday from May 26th to August 14th. Maccabi Sports Camp includes the following additional activities for the campers: swimming, arts and crafts, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, music, drama, and nature.
This position creates and leads curriculum and activities for a multi sport camp where campers have the opportunity to explore a variety of sports and learn about the importance of teamwork. Campers are entering grades K-2.
- Work with J Day Camps Director to create camp curriculum, activities, and projects for Sports Camp.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Supervise, train, and assist in evaluating sports Camp counselors
- Set up, demonstrate, provide instruction and lead skill stations of designated sports skills
- Prepare and run a Parents Night to demonstrate the skills campers have learned
- Work with Camp Director to plan, implement and supervise camp schedule, assist with special events and field trips, staff orientation, and help to define camp goals
- Assist in procedures for camp operations including ordering of supplies, record keeping, carpool, swimming, lunch and camper assessments
- Maintain regular parent communications
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Smile and be kind
- Help each participant meet camp goals established for camper development
- Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Enforce and teach appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor