The ideal candidate will have a strong technology background, project management experience and the ability to understand business and organizational requirements and translate those needs into actionable project and tasks. The Senior System Administrator/Engineer will report to the Chief Information Officer but will be expected to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to use standard tools to document APAs current information technology infrastructure to include but not limited to datacenter, desktops, licensing, network, servers, services, software, and storage.
- Ability to create and modify procedures, i.e., user creation/removal, software installations and configurations.
- Ability to create and present scheduled or ad-hoc reports to management on the status of APAs infrastructure and services.
- Maintain an accurate record of all software/hardware licenses and services contracts.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of server and workstation operating systems.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of desktop and server virtualization infrastructure.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of storage to include local storage, direct attached storage network storage, storage area networks and cloud-based storage.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of server and workstation software to include standard office related software, databases, middleware, and web-based applications.
- Hands-on knowledge of security best practices to include dual factor authentication, encryption, log interpretation, network segregation, operating system security, patch management, perimeter security and remote access.
- Hands-on knowledge of centralized identity management infrastructure.
- Hands-on knowledge of network design, deployment, and maintenance. To include routing protocols, layer2 and layer3 networking, network services, wired and wireless networks.
- Hands-on knowledge of backup infrastructures. He/she will be expected to identify organizational data and design a backup strategy that will protect the information identified.
- Hand-on knowledge of at least one scripting or programing language to automate common repetitive tasks.
- Hand-on experience with IP telephony and or voice over IP communications products to include automatic call distribution (ACD), call center functions, hunt groups, and voicemail.
- Ability to conduct independent or collaborated research to identify information technology solutions to achieve one or more organizational goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with third party vendors and consultants.
- Proven ability to lead or participate in small to medium sized projects.