We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Maintain the buildings, grounds, and equipment. Work independently on all clinic systems and equipment where no license is required to do the work in question. Assists with security and safety elements of the properties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Seek to understand the needs of customers, including patients, families, vendors, and co-workers.
- Proactively seek to address the needs of clinic personnel, including the clinic manager, nursing staff, front desk staff and other individuals.
Teamwork & Communication
- Actively participate in projects directed by the Facilities Manager and other Ad Hoc projects lead by the clinic manager, nursing personnel and/or other co-workers.
- Work positively, flexibly and cooperatively as a team member within the facilities team and across all departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all customers.
- Execute the preventive maintenance and testing schedules of utilities i.e. plumbing, HVAC, electrical, irrigation, medical equipment, set by the Facilities Manager.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Make recommendations for facilities projects and assist Facilities Manager in maintaining and executing of future projects.
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space to accommodate user and ergonomic needs.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools.
- Organize and maintain a system for storage of Facilities supplies including tools, consumable products, and replacement parts.
- Perform critical daily activities, including:
- Assess performance and reliability of utility systems, medical equipment, and other facility elements
- Walk around the exterior of the buildings in order to maintain a customer friendly and safe environment.
- Perform custodial needs as necessary, including trash removal.
- Execute project based work, including general carpentry, plumbing, and electrical tasks:
- Manage disposal of hazardous waste including pharmaceuticals, batteries, lightbulbs, and other regulated waste products.
- Staffs and maintains the Maintenance office in La Clinica.
Safety and Security
- Ensure safety of clinic interior and exterior by identifying and removing hazards and deficiencies.
- Escort employees to their vehicles as requested.
- Set the Clinic alarm when required.
- Respond to and address behavioral incidents that occur on the clinic grounds.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.