We have an opening at the Jewish Community Center for J Players Theatre Director in our 2020 Summer Day Camp program. This seasonal position is available at our Chesterfield location. Camp runs Monday-Friday for 2 weeks, July 20th -31st, 2020. There is mandatory staff orientation on May 26th – 31st. J Players Theater Camp also includes the following activities for the campers: swimming, sports, arts and crafts, Israeli culture, cooking, music, rock climbing, archery, and nature.
This position creates and leads the activities of a two week long musical theatre camp at our Chesterfield location. In addition to theatre activities, which facilitate our campers learning a variety of theatre skills, campers have the opportunities to participate in swimming, sports, arts and crafts, Israeli culture, cooking, archery, music, rock climbing, and nature activities.
- Work with J Day Camps Director to create camp curriculum, activities, and projects for 2 weeks of Theater Camp.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Supervise, train, and assist in evaluation of Theater Camp counselors
- Set up, demonstrate, provide instruction and lead skill stations of designated theater skills
- Create a show to be performed in front of other campers and parents
- Work with Camp Director to plan, implement and supervise camp schedule, assist with special events and field trips, staff orientation, and help to define camp goals
- Assist in procedures for camp operations including ordering of supplies, record keeping, carpool, swimming, lunch and camper assessments
- Maintain regular parent communications
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Smile and be kind
- Help each participant meet camp goals established for camper development
- Guide group/individual campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Enforce and teach appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor