Franchise Development is a remote-first team spread across time zones from the Americas to Eastern Europe, working from home. Where we have an office locally, Hybrid will also be optional. The department is being designed from the ground up to drive the long-term growth of our franchises, including Legend of the Five Rings and Arkham Horror. This includes supporting internal boardgame projects, and externally, transmedia and licensing opportunities.
The Franchise Development team is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, CATAN, Arkham Horror, Legend of the Five Rings, and Spot It among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. Asmodee believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
Summary of Position
The Visual Director will assist in managing the development of Asmodees proprietary settings and franchises to help ensure that they are depicted in a compelling and consistent fashion within the context of our games as well as all licensed products and transmedia.
- Participate in creative discussions around developing and growing Asmodee franchises
- Create assets including style guides, one page summaries, lookbooks, visual bibles and presentations
- Serve as a consistent primary point of contact able to field and speedily answer questions from internal and external parties.
- Review and approve material for multiple projects in development across all platforms for both accuracy and overall quality; offer comments and suggestions for revision on art, storyboards, marketing materials, key art and vision documents
- Commission and direct artwork and video from agencies and freelance artists
- Work with Asmodee Licensing Department, Asmodee Entertainment, Asmodee Digital, and any other relevant inter-company divisions on the development and representation of Asmodee franchises in a variety of mediums, including tabletop games, videogames, tv & movie scripts
- Plan out schedules and manage execution of key deliverables that facilitate support for narrative across the franchises.
- Facilitate meetings, distribute materials, and compile feedback.
- Build expertise in assigned Asmodee franchises.
- Stay abreast of industry competition and market trends.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Fine Art, Illustration or Visual Design and eight plus years in visual art and/or equivalent creative industry work experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Powerpoint
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Understanding of visual storytelling and artistic principles (composition, color, value, proportion, anatomy, texture, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to take the initiative and to be self-motivated.
- Ability to take direction and collaborate effectively with teams and individuals.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Asmodee franchises including Arkham Horror and Legend of the Five Rings
- Experience working with IP holders
- Passion and experience working in tabletop games or transmedia
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values of honesty, integrity, and fairness.