Franchise Development is a remote-first team spread across time zones from the Americas to Eastern Europe, working from home. Where we have an office locally, Hybrid will also be optional. The department is being designed from the ground up to drive the long-term growth of our franchises, including Legend of the Five Rings and Arkham Horror. This includes supporting internal boardgame projects, and externally, transmedia and licensing opportunities.
The Franchise Development team is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Arkham Horror,” “Legend of the Five Rings,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. Asmodee believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
Summary of Position
The Story & Setting Developer will assist in managing the development of Asmodee’s proprietary settings and franchises to help ensure that they are depicted in a compelling and consistent fashion within the context of our games as well as all licensed products and transmedia.
- Participate in creative discussions around developing Asmodee franchises.
- Create assets including style guides, one page summaries, narrative overviews, character bios, synopses.
- Serve as a consistent primary point of contact able to field and speedily answer questions from internal and external parties.
- Read and review material for multiple projects in development across all platforms for both accuracy and overall quality; offer comments and suggestions for revision related to setting details, continuity, themes, and tone.
- Work with Asmodee Licensing Department, Asmodee Entertainment, Asmodee Digital, and any other relevant inter-company divisions on the development and representation of Asmodee franchises in a variety of mediums, including tabletop games, videogames, tv & movie scripts
- Review and comment on vision documents for products that feature Asmodee franchises.
- Build expertise in assigned Asmodee franchises.
- Stay abreast of industry competition and market trends.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Skills & Qualifications
- Developmental/substantive editing.
- Familiarity with and love for genre fiction, especially Science-Fiction and Fantasy.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines while working independently.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or relevant field or relevant work experience in games, publishing, or writing.
- Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Creative Cloud
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Asmodee franchises including Arkham Horror and Legend of the Five Rings
- Experience working with IP holders
- Passion and experience working in tabletop games or transmedia
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values of honesty, integrity, and fairness.