LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING PROVIDED!
$500 Summer Bonus!! Must work an average of 25 hours per week to qualify.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day directly and positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working for the YMCA means just that. Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility.
As a YMCA Lifeguard, you are an essential part of delivering a high-quality aquatic experience and ensuring all patrons feel safe and protected while using the facility. Being a Lifeguard can either be a fun and exciting part-time job, or become the opportunity of a lifetime. You will learn lifelong first aid and rescue skills that will set you apart!
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area. Understands all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately.
- Champions the YMCA culture by providing outstanding customer service, and striving to develop committed members and program participants. Actively participate in membership retention and appreciation efforts when applicable.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, guidelines, and hazards for the pool and aquatic area.
- Performs equipment checks and chemical testing and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Minimum age of 16
- Physically perform all necessary rescue and survival skills. Swim 300 yards, tread water for two minutes, and perform shallow front dives, head and feet-first surface dives. Lift 50+ lbs. from the floor and 200+ lbs. in rescue situations.
- Lifeguards must complete and maintain the following certifications. YMCA provides all necessary training to new
- Pass Skills Test
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Standard First Aid
- Emergency Oxygen Administration ~ O2
- Automated External Defibrillation ~ AED
- Free YMCA Membership
- Career Development
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Reduced-Price Child Care
- Excellent Work-Life Balance
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.