By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position are to assist the protein product development team in recombinant protein expression. This includes the preparation of eukaryotic expression vectors, cell culture, and screening procedures. The position involves various techniques such recombinant DNA cloning, DNA preparation, mammalian and insect cell culture, transfections, Western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
- Expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian and insect cell lines, using established cell culture and transfection techniques and procedures
- Protein expression analysis using Western Blot, ELISA, flow cytometry or other established procedures
- Contribute suggestions for improving expression of difficult expression projects
- Work collaboratively with other teams/departments on special projects
- Written and electronic documentation of experimental work
- Participation in general lab duties such as preparation of media, buffers and other reagents, equipment maintenance and record keeping