Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, energy management, and telecom solutions is expanding their staff and seeking an OSP AutoCAD Drafter / Designer to join the Telecom team.
As an OSP AutoCAD Drafter / Designer you will report directly to the divisional A&E Department Manager. The A&E department is responsible for partnering with key customer stakeholders to coordinate design assistance and implementation of the required deliverables. The position will be supported by subcontractors and a design team to produce high-value solutions that will become industry standards.
OSP AutoCAD Drafter / Designer will:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, base-mapping, GIS and layering, fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering and poles (aerial and underground).
- A thorough understanding/ experience in the Outside Plant telecom industry, public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, county, state and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits (e.g., UPRR, Caltrans, etc.), easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Must be able to interact with the local municipalities, Telecom engineers and construction/maintenance forces to acquire OSP Records, ICGS, Assessor Maps, map info, AIS and Construction Prints.
- Site surveys, translating field notes to develop and update conduit/ cable engineering design drawings in AutoCAD.
- Create fiber route, copper cable route and microwave tower project drawing packages and floor plans to scale in compliance with City, State, and County standards