- Under supervision, facilitate the day-to-day operations pertaining to all aspects of the HR function from a tactical perspective. Responsible for administering employee benefits, and the wider business on all people-related matters. Major accountabilities will include; compensation for employees, working the recruitment process with the supervisor, first line investigation and counseling for managers and employee relations issues, Regulatory & Legal Filings, Policy development & implementation.
- Handbook policy management.
- Serve as point of contact for HR matters.
- Conducts research, assimilates data for compliance and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining necessary spreadsheets and reports.
- Responsible for communicating with managers on employee orientation process, company benefit programs and all company communications including handbook and HR policies.
- Work with management in developing social events and employee activities.
- Provide HR counseling and listening ear for employees and problem-solving process in conjunction with management team. Hold confidences as priority.
- Support the implementation of various human resource projects and initiatives.
- Facilitates the recruitment process for all Staff and works with Hiring Managers from across campus to facilitate sourcing and selection.
- Administer and review new hire paperwork and then give to Payroll to input into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) including E-Verify.
- Maintain human resources records in accordance with legal requirements and university policy.
- Write, revise, and maintain Business Continuity Plan for Human Resources.
- Maintain an adequate personnel record filing system that meets the needs of the facility and complies with current employment practices.
- Ensure hiring/discharge procedures follow established procedures and policies.
- Write, revise, edit, proofread and share with supervisor all company policies & procedures and related documents as needed. Use internal communications (weekly University newsletter, email, website, etc.) and other vehicles to communicate information.
- Maintain the Employee Information page within the University intra-net.
- Prepare offer letters and new hire packages.
- Administer employee benefit plans including employee health insurance, long-term & short-term disability, and retirement.
- Conduct annual Open Enrollment process.
- File Workers Compensation claims.
- Meet with new employees to deliver benefit package overview.
- Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees.
- Implement COBRA Continuation for terminating employees.
- Protects organization's values by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising supervisor on needed actions.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all plans and policies.
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Become familiar with the Judson culture.
- Support the mission and goals of the University and respective departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of HR practices and familiarity of basic employment laws and compliance issues.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Experience with payroll and HRIS software is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal is essential.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a higher education setting or in a related industry is desired although not required.
Salary & Benefits:
- This is a full-time exempt position at 40 hours/week. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.