- Operate a forklift
- Ability to take initiative, work with limited directions, solve problems and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid Virginia driver's license.
- High school Diploma or GED. Four to five years previous experience in related field with an emphasis on skills needed to take on small mechanical, plumbing and carpentry projects.
- Email and computer experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Low temperatures
- High temperatures.
- Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Noisy environments.
- Hazardous conditions.
- Poor ventilation.
- Small and/or enclosed spaces.
Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
It is the policy WHRO to provide equal employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons, without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or genetic information. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.