You will possess the following:
Education, Skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Desire to work in a Christian ministry
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Must have working, experience-based knowledge of retail sales (thrift sales strongly preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong conflict resolution/customer services skills
- Well organized, diligent and strong following through on commitments
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to frequently crouch, bend, reach and climb
- Must have the ability to frequently to move and lift large items up to 60lbs
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.