Telaid is a provider of technology deployments solutions to multi-site clients. With over 40 years of experience, Telaid has an unprecedented ability to execute on complex, large scale technology projects on time, and on budget. Telaid understands the critical need to integrate emerging technologies quickly and precisely. Everything we do is designed to help our customers deploy and manage technologies efficiently and cost effectively.
The Vice President, Engineering, Estimating, Procurement (VP, EEP) will provide leadership and oversight to the engineering, estimating and procurement teams. Areas of accountability will include ensuring Telaid’s engineering team provides subject matter expert support in Pre and Post Sales Telaid engagements, as well as establishing technical standards and procedures for the estimating and procurement teams. The VP, EEP provides vision, leadership, and strategic direction to achieve desired results within the organization. This position will directly interface with Clients, Sales, Technology Solution Center, Solutions, and our Project Management Offices in support of project opportunities and project delivery. This role requires an individual to be comfortable working in a multi-purpose, multidisciplinary function, including but not limited to sales support, technical solution oversight, strategic planning, leadership and being a technology evangelist in support of Telaid’s recently revised Mission: Driving Positive Business Outcomes by Accelerating Technology Adoption thru People, Proven Processes and Value Alignment.
- Pre-Sales Engineering Support
- Develop process and lead engineering engagement with sales representative during opportunity qualification phase to define technology requirements and scope of work
- Research, develop, recommend appropriate system hardware and software solution to meet customer requirements and budget
- Manage team’s support with writing Proposal/Statement of Work for submission to customer. Provide input about standard deliverables content, cost, and level of effort
- Lead Engineering team’s work with Sales and PMO to provide alternative or revised solutions as requested by customer during negotiation phase
- Engineering, Estimating
- Lead department to engineer and develop accurate costing models for solutions.
- Develop standardization when relevant to estimating process specific to different solution and service offerings.
- Enhance estimating system and processes to support Telaid’s 2023 vision.
- Post-Sales Engineering Support
- Manage development of technical documentation to support post-sales effort, Pilots, and program rollout
- Ensure Engineering support is assigned in project planning and project kickoff calls for complex rollouts
- Be available to installation team and PMO to answer technical questions and provide support as needed during installation phase
- Provide feedback to client on product, solution, or system functionality
- Strategic management of Telaid’s suppliers, distributors, and value-added resources.
- Oversee execution of spend and variables costs of materials to meet customer demand.
- Enhance team processes and tools as part of overall business improvements.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to Sales and PMO on requested or assigned Technology system design, solutions, engineering, installation and/or support. This will consist of both informal and formal training sessions as schedules permit
- Support Client Project Kickoff Meetings, as needed, to help all stakeholders understand project scope of work, client expectations, and technology or solution framework\focus
- Participate in various councils and cross functional projects, as needed, or requested, including but not limited to new business ventures, client projects, partnerships, integrated systems, etc.
Management of performance reviews, career development for individual team members and adjustment to team goals based on changing business needs and Telaid Vision.