The Assistant Site Supervisor assists the Technical Site Supervisor in managing the daily operations of the site laboratories. The Assistant Site Supervisor interacts with physicians, patients, and hospital staff. The Assistant Supervisor needs to be able to provide flexibility and quickly adapt to the variable day-to-day demands of the lab. It is crucial that the Assistant Site Supervisor is knowledgeable about HIPAA, CAP and CLIA regulations, practices and enforces all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) procedures as this position is exposed to a great number of environmental hazards.
- Manages all aspects of non-technical staffing, including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, budgeting and performance reviews
- Assists Technical Site Supervisor in managing daily CellNetix staff operations at the sites and ensures positions are covered and the staffing calendar is up to date
- Assists Technical Site Supervisor in managing and facilitating onsite CAP and DOH inspections (including preparation through Inspection Proof)
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all locations, which includes assuring the quality of the maintenance logs and signing off on them regularly.
- Able to carry out down-time procedures if necessary and come up with solutions to unforeseen staffing or operational events
- Pulls and presents statistical data including monthly employee metrics
- Provides specimen test requirements information to physicians and medical staff
- Functions as key trainer for non-technical employees in adherence to policies and procedures
- Manages or delegates supply ordering and inventory
- Communicates operational issues to the Site Supervisor regularly for collaboration
- Specializes in the handling of pathology related communications to other departments or sites
- Meets regularly with CellNetix retention representative to discuss client technical issues as pertains to pathology/cytology collection
- Converses with clinic contacts to ensure efficient specimen collection practices are in place as needed
- Provides assistance to Lab Assistants and Support Services (up to 50% bench work)
- Other duties as assigned