Our food manufacturing company needs a Quality Lab Technician to operate under the supervision of the Director of Quality. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. He or she will also participate in the R&D aspects of the job, including sample preparation, food production startups and plant line trials. The Quality Tech will be involved with the collection of data and interpretation as well as the storage and retrieval of samples in a laboratory setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples.
- Document results and analyze data.
- Communicate with production personnel and Quality Managers.
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management.
- Assist with testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Adhere to safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Work with third party labs
- Schedule raw and finish good testing.
- Release raw & finished product based on test results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.