CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position Media Tech (OKC Students)
(Position Description part-time, hourly, non-exempt, administrative, and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
General Scope of Position
Assist the OKC Production Manager for Kids and Students (20 hours/week) in preparing for weekly services and special events in the Crossings Community Church (Crossings, CCC) OKC Students areas.
The Media Tech (OKC Students) will report to the OKC Production Manager for Kids and Students; and interact regularly with various members of the Student Ministry teams, CCC staff and volunteers across the various departments and ministries, venues, and campuses, as well with partners of Crossings to accomplish the goals and mission of Crossings.
- Assist in the setup, programming and operation of audio, video, lighting & computer equipment for weekly events including: Wednesday and Sunday classes and large group areas
- Assist in the setup, programming and operation of audio, video, lighting & computer equipment for special events or classes held in the Kids and Students areas
- Assist the OKC Production Manager for Kids and Students with equipment maintenance and repair
- Assist the OKC Production Manager for Kids and Students with set design, construction & implementation
- Learn technical skills on the job
- Maintain a professional demeanor, hygiene and appearance
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Represent Crossings in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
- Complete any other tasks as may be assigned to fulfill the role and responsibilities of this position or as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Media Tech (OKC Students) will need to have a general understanding in one or more of the following areas with an expectation that on the job training will occur where needed:
Audio: Operation of digital audio consoles including booting, loading and saving show files, adjusting audio levels and adjusting monitor levels. Understanding of wired and wireless microphone placement and operation.
Lighting: Programming, editing and operation of cuelist based lighting consoles such as the wholehog 4 for contemporary worship services. Understanding of cabling, focus and maintenance of theatrical and intelligent lighting.
Video: Basic understanding of HDSDI signal interfacing, routing and switching. Loading and operation of Pro Presenter software. Production video camera operation. Disk based video recording, transcoding and archival.
Networking: Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol including DHCP, Static IP, subnet masking and VLAN. Network based remote management of computers and AV equipment. Network file server use.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be on your feet for long stretches of time.
Must be comfortable with heights and working out of motorized lifts.
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of organization, knowledge, encouragement, service, and hospitality
Education and Experience
- shall possess a high school diploma (or equivalency) at a minimum
- volunteer experience in technology and multi-media.
- experience in another church setting of equal or larger size to Crossings preferred, though not required.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.