Caris Life Sciences is looking for a sharp, driven and goal-oriented Data Scientist to provide data mining and analysis support for novel discovery in digital imaging, machine learning/artificial intelligent, NGS datamining. The candidate will be responsible for developing algorithm for image analysis, pattern finding, prediction as well as developing and maintaining pipelines for streamline processing. The successful candidate will possess proficient analytical capability, solid scientific background in mathematics, and strong communication skills. We are looking for team oriented, hands on experts with a passion for personalized medicine and innovation in statistical and mathematical analyses.
- Developing and validating tools for digital image processing and analysis.
- Tasked with developing, implementing, refining, and testing algorithms and workflows to achieve the specific goal in the project.
- Statistical support for design and development of quality control process for diagnostic assays and products.
- Manipulate and process large multisource data sets.
- Respond to and manage ad hoc requests to ensure accurate, in-depth results/data are delivered in a timely manner.
- Review clinical study reports for statistical content.
- Provide general informatics support for laboratory research, technology development and clinical studies.
- Adhere to coding and documentation standards and manage deliverables for area of responsibility.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with exposure to cancer biology.
- Familiar with deep learning methods and algorithms, imaging processing or language processing.
- Ability to understand biological/pathological questions and formulate statistical and data analysis methods to provide solution to novel problems.
- Ability to query complex data from database.
- Experience in developing database and data-driven applications.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to explain complex technical details in clear language.
- Proficiency in R, Python, Mongo, SQL and Linux.
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding user needs and then delighting the customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.