As Head of Talent, you are the face of Starfish as you engage with agency leaders and the pipeline of talent you source externally and develop internally to ensure a continuous stream of highly professional, passionate and energetic employees. You will guide Starfish leaders in workforce planning, organizational structure, position and qualification definition, behavioral-based interviewing, selection, offer preparation, onboarding of new hires into the organization, and talent retention. You will also lead or facilitate the agency’s college relations & internship programs, talent management and career development processes and ensure the integrity of talent-related data in the agency’s HRIS system. Using your expertise in talent management, you will help ensure Starfish provides great recruitment, onboarding and career development experiences which contribute to strong engagement and retention. Through your positive networking and engagement with our sources of talent, communities and candidates, you naturally promote the agency as a preferred employer and great place to work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a human resources or related field required.
- Seven years of experience in human resources with progressively increasing responsibility and focus on talent acquisition and development in a complex environment preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a role model for Starfish mission, vision and values; continually reinforce the agency’s focus of strengthening families and providing hope through your work.
- Implement and lead the agency-wide talent management activity based on short and long-term goals for the agency and each department.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key institutions, agencies and organizations which are excellent sources of talent for Starfish’s markets and ensure Starfish participation in events such as career fairs, campus recruiting events and other professional networking opportunities.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate assessment tools and processes to support Starfish’s selection and talent development processes.
- Automate and optimize talent processes using our HRIS systems, ensuring the integrity of the talent-related data retained there.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training and education to ensure all persons involved in the talent processes are fully competent in compliance and excel in identifying great talent.
- Be aware of and communicate with appropriate agency leadership current market-based total rewards information and trends for consideration to support the attraction and retention of talent.
- Ensure all aspects of Starfish talent processes comply with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO), related employment laws and regulations, as well as the agency’s recruitment strategy and sound commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators and metrics on talent activities, including recruitment and employment activity, career development and succession/progression activity; analyzing the data and recommending and/or implementing appropriate measures for improvement.
- Serve as a strategic partner in understanding the agency’s human resource needs and developing talent plans that meet organizational objectives.
- Champion and facilitate the Starfish Talent Management process to ensure a continuous pipeline of highly developed internal talent which possesses the necessary competencies to carry out Starfish mission and vision according to its values and is poised to grow through both individual contributor and managerial career paths.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Starfish performance development process, designed to promote ongoing, interactive conversation between leaders and employees about both performance and behavioral traits which are foundational to Starfish’s ability to deliver high quality services that positively impact families and children.
- Manage the talent exit interview process, ensuring confidentiality of the information while regularly educating and coaching the organization on improvements needed to increase retention.
The Talent Specialist reports to you and others may have dotted-line reporting to you in onboarding and performance/talent development capacities.