Keshet is seeking a Social Worker to provide services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities who are served in Keshet’s Adult Day and/or Residential Programs. Responsibilities include individual and group counseling, family support and outreach as well as consultation and training to staff on clinical issues. This position will promote the individuals’ abilities to cope with daily living issues associated with their emotional, cognitive, or behavioral challenges. The Social Worker will work in collaboration with others from each individual's multidisciplinary team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of individual service plans to determine appropriate clinical support needs.
- Develop and implement individualized counseling plans.
- Provide direct individual and group clinical services, both in person and via telehealth platforms.
- Lead sex education program to comply with the MHDD CD-DD Sex Education Act
- Maintain written documentation of clinical services provided, within required timeframes.
- Provide informational and educational services to staff and families, as requested.
- Participate as a member of Keshet’s Behavior Management Committee.
- Maintains confidentiality with all individuals and their families.
- Respects diverse cultures and provides culturally appropriate, competent and individualized support according to each individual’s age, race, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious beliefs and culture.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior.
- Embraces a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
- Has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to set and reflect on boundaries.
- Manages time effectively.
- Builds rapport quickly and has the ability to include empathy into their work as a clinician.
- Ability to use appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide services and billing under the Medicaid Waiver Program is highly desirable, and/or willingness to learn. The Social Worker must enroll in the Illinois Medicaid Program Advanced Cloud Technology (IMPACT) system.
About the Program:
Keshet’s Adult Community Day Services Program is designed to support and promote choice, independence, employment and meaningful days for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Community-based programming is paramount and activities include a balance of vocational/life skills training with the opportunity for socialization, recreation, and physical exercise to further increase participants' overall quality of life.
Keshet’s Adult Residential Program is designed to support and empower adults to become fully active members of their community while residing in a warm and caring home that promotes independence and a meaningful life. The program embraces and honors choice, while also helping to build and maintain the skills needed for community living. Each of these homes are located near employment opportunities, shopping, transportation, recreation, and places of worship.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Comprehensive benefits package included with salary for benefits eligible employees.