The primary responsibility in the role of a Patient Account Representative is to accurately answer telephone-based questions from National Medical’s clients’ patients regarding their account, in a timely manner while providing exceptional customer service and adhering to strict patient privacy rules and guidelines. Additional responsibilities of a Patient Account Representative include processing credit card transactions, making outbound courtesy calls to patients to obtain outstanding payments and assisting patients with other insurance and payment related requests. If a question or request can not be completed while on a phone call, the matter must be escalated to the appropriate party and resolved in a timely manner.
- Handle all incoming calls in a manner that adheres to HIPAA privacy regulations;
- When returning or placing outbound calls, the same HIPAA privacy regulations must be followed;
- Log in and out of multiple systems (including practice management systems) to research and answer patient’s questions, accurately and with detail;
- Obtain patient payment information over the phone, process the payment and appropriately note the account;
- Escalate issues effectively to a supervisor or management for assistance;
- Responsible for ensuring all client specific protocols are followed during the patient billing cycles;
- Provide accurate and thorough analysis of aging, as requested;
- Review statements to ensure that the information and balance is accurate;
- Respond to requests, professionally and promptly, and follow up with outstanding requests in a similar matter;
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.